Dr. Giridhari Sharma Paudel
Name: Dr. Giridhari Sharma Paudel
Permanent Address: Gandaki Province, Syangja District, Andhikhola Rural Municipality, Ward No 4 Kamere, Nepal
Phone: 977-61-465355 and 464841
Marital Status: Married
A. Ph.D. in Regional and Rural Development Planning from Rural Development, Gender and Resources Program, School of Environment, Resources and Development, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) Bangkok, Thailand in April, 2001.
B. MS in Regional and Rural Development Planning from the Human Settlement Division, School of Environment, Resources and Development, Asian Institute of Technology Bangkok, Thailand in August, 1997, second position in the class.
C. Master of Geography from Department of Geography, Prithvi Narayan Campus, Pokhara, Tribhuvan University, Nepal, 1988, outstanding in the class.
3. Professional Training
Completed 13 professional training from USA, United Kingdom, Thailand and India on project planning, proposal writing, result framework, personnel management, leadership development, monitoring and evaluation.
4.Vice-chairman of the Policy and Planning Commission of Gandaki Province, Nepal Working since 7 August 2018.
5.Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and National Project Manager (NPM)
Worked from 1st November 2013 to 6 August 2018 in Strengthening National Planning and Monitoring Capacity: Facilitating the Pursuit of SDGs in Nepal Project, a joint initiative of the United Nations Development Program and the National Planning Commission of Nepal.
6. Planning, Monitoring and System Strengthening Specialist
Worked in Nepal Health Sector Support Program, Managed by the Option International Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. London, for the Ministry of Health and Population of Nepal and funded by DFID from 1st August 2011 to 31st August 2013.
7.Section Officer, Program Manager, Program Director, Deputy Director General and Director General (Special Class)
Worked in various positions in the Family Planning Association of Nepal from 1stJanuary 1990 to 11th May 2011.
8.Vice-chairman and Chairman of the Nepal Agroforestry Foundation
Worked voluntarily in Nepal Agroforestry Foundation from 2009 to 2015.
9. Management Committee Member of Kathmandu Forestry College
Worked voluntarily as a Management Committee Member of Kathmandu Forestry College from 2004 to 2016.
10. Teaching (Part time)
Taught Development Planning Course to MSc Students in Natural Resources Management in Nepal Engineering College of Information Technology from 2002 to 2006.
Taught Institutional Development course in Watershed Management to MSc. and Ph.D. Students in the Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand.
11. Research and Publication
Following research and publication were completed:
- Published 20 research papers in International Peer Review Journals
- Published 30 research papers national journal and workshop proceedings
- Written two books
- Edited two workshop proceedings
- Written 10 guidelines on planning, M&E, report writing and conducting meeting
- Conducted 20 evaluation/research as a team leader and written their reports
- Written about 100 institutional reports (Unpublished)
12.Supervision Supervised as follows:
A. Six MSc/MA Students' thesis
B. Five Ph.D. Students' Dissertation (Local Supervisor)
C. 40 Projects and Programs Evaluation by different institutions and consulting firms
Written 35 project proposals for funding support to Nepal out of them 25 were funded by the development partners
14. Capacity Building
Organized capacity building training on MDGs, SDGs, Planning and M&E to government, civil society and research institutions
15. Participation in Regional/International Workshop and Meeting
Participated in 44 regional/international workshops and meeting and presented paper
16. Awards and Facilitation
- Excellent student scholarship by Tribhuvan University, Pritivi Narayan Campus
- Queen Sirkit Scholarship of Thai Government for Master Study in AIT
- Ph.D. Scholarship of Japanese Government for Ph.D. Study in AIT
- Mahendra Biddha Bhusan KA (Highest Academic Award of Nepal)
- Best Staff Award of Family Planning Association of Nepal
- Facilitation by Nepal Agroforestry Foundation
- Facilitation by Nepal Engineering College of Information Technology, Bangsing Sewa Samaj Kathmandu, Bangsing Pokhara Akata Samaj and Royal Cooperative Pokhara
Around 50 countries